WMI Mini Math Creative Competition encourages students to convey math in different ways of thinking through the things in our daily lives, such as art, music, architecture, sports, etc.
Students from Grade 3 to Grade 12 who participate in WMI finals.
1. Find a topic : Choose an interested topic. For example, golden ratio, sequence, pythagorean theorem.
2. Make the outline : Use English or Chinese to make the outline for the chosen topic.
3. Record the video :
(1) Make a PowerPoint file and record a video with presentation.
(2) The length of the video should be between 5 to 10 minutes, with the resolution of at least 720P（1280 ╳ 720）.
(3) Please name the file in the format of“WMI_Topic_Student Name.” For example, “WMI_Football Probability_Ben Wang.”
4. Submit the project :
(1) Please name the email subject in the format of “Student Name_ Mini Math Creative Competition.” For example, “Ben Wang_Mini Math Creative Competition.”
(2) Please email both the PowerPoint file and the video to Evaluation Committee at email@example.com by May 30th.
1. Grading : Each project will be graded by members of the Evaluation Committee.
2. Evaluation Time : June 1st to June 15th.
3. Evaluation method : The PowerPoint and the video are account for 60 % and 40 % of the total score respectively.
4. Evaluation Committee : WMI Committee
1. Gold Award : Winners will be awarded with USD$300.(1 person)
2. Silver Award : Winners will be awarded with USD$200.(1 person)
3. Bronze Award : Winners will be awarded with USD$100.(3-5 people)
1. Selected video(s) will be broadcasted during the WMI competition.
2. Winners of the WMI Mini Math Creative Competition will be awarded during the WMI Award Ceremony.
3. The awarded videos will be showed on www.wminv.org .
If the awarded project is not made by the student himself or herself, he or she will be
accountable for any correlative legal liabilities. It will have nothing to do with WMI.